Studio Portrait Customer Form
Thank you for the booking. Next up, I need your details.
Also be aware that each studio session lasts between a half an hour and one hour.
And Costs €50
Advice for a happy shoot, where nothing goes wrong and there are no tears.
Please read all.
No food, pacifiers/doodies or treats.
• No threats. Please do not threaten or bribe your children before or during the shoot. This puts the photo shoot in the same category as going to the dentist.
• Don’t tell them to be good. Actually, it’s best not to make a big deal about it at all.
• Ideally, you would say, “We’re going to Paul’s Studio to have fun, play and take some pictures. Afterwards, we will go for a treat!”
• If your child is sick, getting over the flu or any other illness, cancel your appointment. It is not a problem, we can reschedule and do it another time. My camera picks up every detail, so if you don’t want tired eye’s or red checks – cancel.
• “Smile!” Don’t ever say that word in my studio, it is the worst word for photographs, kids are not models and they do not know how to smile on cue.
• I am always looking for reactions so we play games, ask questions or tell stories. Anything that gets a positive reaction.
•Let me know what gets a reaction out of them, an Aunt/Uncles name, a joke they love tell, a girlfriends name, anything really. I want to hear it all.
• No Glitter, the stuff never goes away! Months later I still see it.
What clothes should be worn?
• Wear clothing that fits.
• Kids/babies clothes need to fit – if they are too big they will hang loose and it doesn’t look good.
• No mini skirts on girls – it doesn’t work for photos.
• Choose muted tones that are a bit subdued, like the examples below.
• Keep jewellery simple and minimalistic or nonexistent.
• Do your hair the way you’d normally do it. If you are getting a haircut or a new hairdo, make your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to your portrait session.