What clothes should be worn?
- Wear clothing that fits.
- Kids/babies clothes need to fit - if they are too big they will hang loose and it doesn't look good.
- No mini skirts on girls - it doesn't work for photos.
- Choose muted tones that are a bit subdued, like the examples below.
- Keep jewellery simple and minimalistic or nonexistent.
- Do your hair the way you’d normally do it. If you are getting a haircut or a new hairdo, make your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to your portrait session.
Advice for a happy shoot, where nothing goes wrong and there are no tears.
- No threats. Please do not threaten or bribe your children before the shoot. This puts the photo shoot in the same category as going to the dentist.
- Don't tell them to be good. Actually, it's best not to make a big deal about it at all.
- Ideally, you would say, "We're going to Paul's Studio to have fun, play and take some pictures. Afterwards, we will go for a treat!"
- If your child is sick, getting over the flu or any other illness, cancel your appointment. It is not a problem, we can reschedule and do it another time. My camera picks up every detail, so if you don't want tired eye's or red checks - cancel.
- "Smile!" Don't ever say that word in my studio, it is the worst word for photographs, kids are not models and they do not know how to smile on cue.
- I am always looking for reactions so we play games, ask questions or tell stories. Anything that gets a positive reaction.
- No Glitter, the stuff never goes away! Months later I still see it.
A studio shoot usual lasts 45min to 1 hour and costs €50.
Ready to find out more?
Call the studio or drop me a line.